Jul 27, 2014

Conscious Box 1 and 2 Review



Hey there!

SO you want to know about my Conscious box experience. (What is a Conscious box?) Well, the boxes themselves are decent. There have been 3 or 4 big name items in each box that I'm use to -- Annie's, Ecover, Larabar, etc. It's kind of fun trying new products. The bad things are 1) the price 2) the things you've never heard of.



Again, the products that you have heard of are lovely. My daughter ate the Larabar and she liked it. I used the Ecover dishwasher tablets and they worked well. The Annie's Cheddar Bunnies, are well, smaller, natural, cheesy, crackers. I did try a few things that's I would never purchase (Halfpops. Who's bright idea was this? My teeth were not amused!) and then I tried some new things that were totally worth searching out (Route 11 Lightly Salted Potato Chips. Perfect. I don't like much salt and these have the tiniest hint of sale -- just what the doctor ordered). These are items that I enjoyed trying. Even if it didn't work for me it was still fun to try.



There are also interesting things to try in the box -- Crystal Body Deodorant towelette, Natralia heel balm, Somersets English Shaving Oils, Scheckter's Organic Energy (powdered by nature!) and Equal Exchange Chocolate. See, those are things I'd probably never try -- heck, I'd never even see them! This box is great for things like that. The downside is I'll never buy another can of Organic Energy and I like my current deodorant. But, again, it's fun to try.



Now, there were quite a lot of supplements in the boxes (Floradix Iron+herbs, Nordic Naturals Omega Boost in Tropical Mango, Everly Peach Mango Energy packet). I don't test the waters when it comes to supplements. I have enough problems without trying something and finding out that I'm allergic to it when it sends me to the ER (true story -- three times). Besides, some of the supplements are ones I've never even heard of. I'm not interested.

The price. It's $19.99 a month. That doesn't seem too bad, but I only used a portion of the stuff in the box. I only paid a total of $29.99 for all three months (discounts and stuff), so ten bucks each month. If that was the price, I'd probably say ok, let's keep it going. But at twenty bucks I have to say whoa there partner.

And, last but not least - customer service. I had a few problems with my boxes. The first month they had some glitch in the system and my box came 3 weeks late. It took a week for customer service to contact me back and that was only when I threatened to stop my subscription. That's how I got a month free. The second month was fine except I could only use about a fourth of them items in the box. I decided that the Conscious box subscription probably wasn't for me and I emailed on the 31st of the month to cancel. Well, apparently you must cancel AND RECIEVE CONFIRMAITON by the 1st. My confirmation arrived on the 2nd. Clever, very clever. So, I had to have one more box delivery. That's the third one that I am currently trying.

So, this subscription box didn't work for me. Some of the products were very good, many of the products will probably see the trash within a few months. If you are super healthy and eco conscious (as the name implies, then this box is for you. If you are kinda healthy and kinda conscious, you probably won't be real happy with this box. I'm healthy and kinda eco conscious but I don't do supplements without my doctors ok and if I'd have my druthers, I'd rather not have hard toffee bits and sea salt in my  chocolate.

But I digress.

The concept behind this box is fabulous. Perhaps they should have a mini box for $10 or $12 and see what we think. At $19.99, this isn't for me.


But, don't fret. I will still review box number 3 and let you know about the products inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment