Jun 24, 2014

Quickie Review - Sephora's Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid Lip Balm



Hey there!

Radiant Orchid isn't necessarily my favorite lip color. It's purple. I'm not big on purple on lips. I like purple eyes and a soft purple cheek (if done correctly) can be gorgeous and yes, purple nails are great. But I'm a nude brown girl as far as lips are concerned. Very rarely do I stray too far from that range.



That's why I purchased the Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid Lip Balm instead of a lipstick or gloss.

That and the fact that it was 50% off at Sephora. Even so, $7.99 is still a bit steep for a lip balm that there wasn't a tester for (my ladies at Sephora couldn't find the tester, so I had to purchase on faith).



Let's start with the bad. I don't know if mine was just defective but it was suuuuuper soft. I mean in the bad way. I tried to use it as a lipstick and it broke. I tried to chill it and it still broke. So, I have to use it with a lipstick brush or depot it. That means taking it with me might be kinda cumbersome. I haven't seen any other reviews with this problem, so it's probably just the one I purchased.



Now that that's out of the way, let's say it together. A - MAZE - ING!! I love this balm! It gives off just enough color that makes the purple just right. It's not super, duper pigmented but that is ok! It's moisturizing and lasts for several hours. I wore it alone and with my Jordana Silver Lilac lip liner. It was beautiful. It's the perfect amount of color. Did I say that already? Sorry.

I didn't see any left on Spehora.com but seriously, if you see this in your local Sephora, you should really get it. $16 might make you balk but $8 is kinda ok.


Yes, I used a gift card. You know I didn't spend cash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment