Jun 9, 2014

Nail Polish Change - Milani Nail Lacquer in Move on Mauve & Sugar Burst



Before the Super Spectacular CVS Spring Clearance Haul I only had one Milani nail polish color in Disco Lights. Disco Lights is a pink sparkle overcoat polish color that I'd use over pinks (on my party nail only, of course!). Once the Super Spec... you know... once I went to CVS, I added 5 more colors to my collection.

The Milani color range is nice.  If you go to the website, you'll see a wide range of shades to choose from (if I counted correctly, about 89). If you go to your local store, you only get half the colors, depending on display space. It's too bad because the formula is really nice. The brush isn't great and the bottle itself is crap but the polish inside is spectacular. It lasts the full week and goes on without streaking.


I wore Move on Mauve in the High Speed Fast Dry One Coat Formula. Well, my super smart self didn't read that, so I used 2 coats. I totally could have gotten away with 1 coat. The nail polish slid across my nails like a dream. The color was sooo pretty! It was a beautiful rose pink with a pearlescent shimmer that reflected light beautifully. I enjoyed wearing this color.

And my party nail? Milani Nail Lacquer in Sugar Burst. I enjoyed this color a bit less. In the bottle it looks divine and I couldn't wait to try it. Once I tried the first coat, I knew I had made a mistake. The second coat was a definite fail. It's a fuzzy layer of pale pink paint chips. Really, that's what it reminded me of. My feelings were hurt.


So I will most definitely wear Move on Mauve again. It's a pretty color that is half price right now at CVS so you may want to run get it now. Sugar Burst is half price too. YOu can leave it at the store. I know I should have.


What did you wear this week? Did you love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment