Jun 11, 2014

Lorac Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick


I've use Hautelook for my cosmetic finds a few times but I must admit, I think I do better at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack and good old internet sales. About 5 months ago I purchased 2 Lorac Couture Shine Liquid Lipsticks ($22 original price) for $7 apiece. When you added S&H, it was about $21.55 total. Not really a bad price but not the best of course. And, while the price wasn't so bad, it took forever to get my merchandise. I got one liquid lipstick in about 3 weeks and the other one took almost 6 weeks!



I purchased Iconic Legendaire and Sheer Luxe, both of them very pretty colors. Iconic Legendaire is a beautiful pinkish copper and Sheer Luxe is the perfect wine color.  These liquid lipsticks are thick but not sticky. Even though it's a thick gloss, I always apply it minimally, creating a sheerer gloss. It smells nice too.



Because these are liquid lipsticks, I didn't have to top this over anything. I use lip balm, lip liner (for a nice base) and then top with the liquid lipsticks. It lasts for several hours with even wear.



I have to admit that I don't like the brush though. I don't like lipstick brushes anyway. I prefer a wand over a brush. On top of it being a brush, it's a short brush. I lose a significant amount of control over how much color I apply and how I apply it. That means I have to dip into the product more or run the brush over my lips more.

Again, the color is great but the application of the color isn't the best. Because of that, I don't reach for these very often.

That being said, I probably wouldn't buy them again (which, since I think they've been discontinued shouldn't be a problem). They resemble many glosses that I have in my collection and at the $22 tag, they aren't anything special. If I could get them at $7 and found a super fabulous color, then maybe. But, as is, I'll pass.


Do you have some of these in your collection? How often do you wear them?

No comments:

Post a Comment