May 20, 2014

Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette


I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on the Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palettes. The reviews have been so mixed that I struggled with whether or not to make the purchase. I know that it's an older palette but sometimes it takes me a minute. Finally a BOGO 1/2 off and a $1.00 off coupon won me over and I pulled the trigger. 

First of all, I had to go to several CVS and Walgreens stores before I found it. I guess that's what happens when you wait so long to pull the trigger. Cray cray I know.  


There were three palettes introduced; Carnival in Rio, Rose Golden Goddess & Rose Champagne Glow. I purchased the Rose Champagne Glow palette. In case you are (along with me) just now moving your rock and haven't seen this, it's a soft pearlescent powder marbled with a pale pinky mauve ribbon. I like this as a highlight. I have been on a highlight kick for the past month and this fits the bill. 


I know how highlighter is supposed to be applied but just like my makeup brushes, I use highlighter how I want to use it. Before my bronzer, I sweep highlighter across the tops of my cheeks, dipping slightly into the blush area. Then, I add bronzer to the portion that I want to contour and add blush. Because there is a bit of highlighter in the blush area, the glow doesn't stop as a streak across my face but an ombre blend (if you will) down my face. Don't let my mumbo jumbo fool you -- I don't know what I'm doing (hence the name of the blog). I just put stuff on my face and pray I don't look too clownish.


Now, I don't have a ton of highlighters but oddly enough most of them are mid-range to higher end. Those powders (they are mostly powders) are finely milled and glide on your skin like silk. This one was like a silk blend -- not bad but not silk. It is smooth enough (in my opinion) to be the starter highlight for your highlight collection. This will get your feet wet and then you can move on to bigger, better ones.


If you've been on the fence, I'd say give it a try. It's not that expensive and it will be something to have as a backup. And, if you don't like it, you only spent 4 bucks tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment