May 17, 2014

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes



I don't love facial wipes. I don't think they remove makeup effectively. I think they leave a sticky residue on your face and many of them, if not rinsed off my face almost immediately, break me out. I will use them to remove a first layer of makeup but then I have to use my Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser to wash my face. 

Or maybe I should try a toner. That's a thought. 

But I digress...

I buy and use facial wipes for different reasons. I have ones with lavender or chamomile to soothe my skin. I have ones with lotion, ones with oatmeal, ones with exfoliating nubs on them, etc. I always buy them with the hopes that this pack will be different, but it's rarely the case.

This time I picked up 2 Neutrogena facial wipes. I picked them up because one promised night calming and the other promised hydration. And, when I bought two, I got $10 in CVS bucks. I figured it was worth a try.



I pulled out the Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes first. The package claims that the "Ultra soft nourishing cloths gently dissolve all traces of makeup, even waterproof mascara". They even have a "Patented Technology" sticker added. They are big, strong cloths. I know some times you get smaller squares that aren't very strong. This isn't the case with these. And, they do smell nice. I can smell a soft hint of lavender in the pads and they gently remove makeup. They remove makeup so gently that you probably would need 3 of them to remove all of the makeup. I don't know if it removes waterproof mascara because I've never worn waterproof mascara. It goes back to the eyeglass thing. I wear eyeglasses and your lashes can only do so much behind glasses. Anywho, the wipes are nice. I enjoyed using them as my first step in my makeup removal process. They retailed for $7.99, so a bit pricier than the regular blue package Neutrogena wipes (which I have also used but don't currently have). I guess you pay extra for patented technology. All jokes aside, with a coupon and a BOGO deal, I'd buy these again.



The Neutrogena Hydrating Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes claim to "cleanse and remove makeup, even waterproof mascara" as well. It goes a step further and says it helps to condition and soothe skin...in 1 simple step. Welllllll, I'm not sure what that means so I don't know if it conditioned or soothed my skin any better than anything else. These wipes were nice too. Again, these are large, thick wipes that smell nice, and are adequately wet (you know, you get some wipes that are dry right out of the pack). They were $7.49 (no patented technology, so 50 cents cheaper). They weren't earth shattering. They didn't rock my world and I didn't feel like they hydrated anything. So, I don't think I'd buy these again. I mean they aren't bad, they just aren't spectacular.

All in all, I think these wipes are fine. The Neutrogena Night Calming ones were slightly better than others I've tried and the Neutrogena Hydrating ones are just like others that I have tried. Nothing earth shattering.


What's your position on facial cleansing wipes? Do you feel that they get rid of makeup or do you feel that that is even their job?

No comments:

Post a Comment