May 4, 2014

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm


I picked up a new Baby Lips Lip Balm (Quenched) earlier this week and realized I had not talked about how much I like these. I only have Quenched, Cherry Me & Grape Vine because the others looked like they might not be good for darker skin tones. I do like the ones that I own though. And, I am willing to try more.

I always use Grape Vine on my lips in the morning while I am getting ready and then use it as my lipstick base (because it sits on my makeup table). I feel like it helps prepare my lips for whatever lipstick I'm using. Then after lunch I use Cherry Me before reapplying my lip color (because it stays in my purse). Now that I've purchased Quench (which smells like Fruity Pebbles - oh yes!) I will add that to the mix.

The Maybelline website mentions 3 types of Baby Lips; Baby Lips Dr. Rescue (Medicated Care with 12 hours hydration), Baby Lips Electro (8 hours hydration with a neon kick) and (regular) Baby Lips (visibly renewed, baby soft lips). Each line has 6 flavors/scents. I only have the regular Baby Lips but could see trying out Soothing Sorbet (Dr. Rescue) and Berry Bomb (Electro). I'll let you know.

These balms are nice and soft and feel good on the lips. They also smell really good. I don't like balms that are overly sweet or ones that just smell bad because your lips are right next to your nose! Who wants to smell unpleasantness an hour or two?

If I am going makeup free or very casual, I enjoy using them alone. They don't really add color but do offer a bit of moisture. You do have to reapply them after 2 or 3 hours (maybe Dr. Rescue or Electro lasts longer -- I'll test that theory out and get back to you). That being said, I don't feel that they are moisturizing enough to wear at night. At night I have to have a really thick balm. These are lighter and work well during the day.


Have you tried these? Are you going to run out and get Quench (because if you like Fruity Pebbles you should)? Do you notice a difference between the 3 lines?

No comments:

Post a Comment