May 15, 2014

It's A Haul Y'all! - The Balm Cosmetics


Hey there!

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw that earlier in the week I got my package from The Balm. If you would have been anywhere near my desk, you would have heard my squeals. Not really office appropriate but who cares? I had a package from The Balm! That's definitely worth a squeal.

Anywho, I ordered my products when they had the 50% off sale on the entire website. I don't have many Balm products so I did a cautious purchase. I bought things that I had been wanting for a while and some things that I thought were safe to try. I knew that by the time the next sale came around I'd know what I liked and didn't like and be able to buy even more!

This time I played it safe and got 2 lipsticks, 2 nail polishes, 1 bronzer and 1 eye palette. All safe purchases, all things that if you mess up...welllllll, you'll be ok.

I did not mess up. I picked up some fantabulous deals. Again, I've only been using them for 4 days but man oh man, this stuff is great.

Let's spend a moment gushing over the nail polish colors, shall we? Don't Pink and Drive ($10) and I'll Pink To That ($10). Don't Pink and Drive is a pretty "bubble gum" pink and I'll Pink To That is a bright coral pink. Take a minute...drink it in...lovely right? I can't wait to try these colors! Oh wee!


And now feast your eyes on those two lippies you see. Foxxy Pout ($17) and Ima Goodkisser ($17). I've worn them both and they go on smooth (very little pre-lip balm needed) and last a nice while. Before lunch I did have to add some balm for moisture but the color was about 75% still there. Foxxy Pout is a beautiful frosty root beer brown. I didn't use a gloss over it at all. I liked the color exactly the way it was. Ima Goodkisser was a bit different. I was scared at first but I used a light swipe and a gloss on top and it was a nice warm pink. It helped create my natural look. It's a good base color for a nice warm pink look. It took me by surprise folks!



Do you see the Betty-Lou Manizer bronzer ($24)? Do you see that? Again, I was scared peeps. I saw that sparkling brown and I thought, whoops! This 40-something lady isn't going to like this. I loved it! It's not harsh or sparkly at all. It gives a nice glow to the cheeks and perks up the eyes when you use it as an eyeshadow. I know! double duty.



And the piece de résistance -- The Nude'tude Nude Eyeshadow Palette (the naughty one! $36). I wanted to buy this at full price when I first saw it. But, I never did. I convinced myself that the colors may not be what I like so I always let it go. But, at 50% off? Hello! It was the first thing in my shopping cart. And, so far, I am NOT disappointed at all.

And there you have it! After a few days of use, I like all the things I bought. I know that there will be a detailed review coming up soon! And, I plan to make a few more Balm products. They have earned my trust!


Did you get in on this deal? If not, please stay tuned. 1/2 price is a fabulous price!

No comments:

Post a Comment