May 14, 2014

e.l.f . Package Review - Eye Products



Hey there!

About a month ago I got an eyeslipsface box of goodies. I ordered a few things that I had been eyeing online but couldn't find at my local Wal-mart or Target stores. I always take forever when I'm ordering things on line. I feel that I need to touch and really view the things I buy. I want to make sure the color is right or the size is enough. I had items in my e.l.f. shopping cart for months before I made this purchase.

I have to admit that the shipping was quick, my box was packed well and because I waited for a sale, the prices were right. I absolutely plan to make other purchases from e.l.f. Now that I know I can trust the shipping and handling, I'll trust the website descriptions.

The two eye products that I had my eye on (wow, how pun-ny was that? ok, not) were the Eye Refresh ($3) and the High Definition Undereye Setting Powder ($3). I wanted to try the High Definition Undereye Setting Powder because several bloggers and beauty gurus mentioned how great it was. I wanted to try the Eye Refresh because, well, it looked neato.



The Eye Refresh is a wet, cool roller ball that is supposed to alleviate under eye puffiness and dark circles. Honestly, I don't know if it really does that but man does it feel good under the eyes. The roller ball fluid is infused with pomegranate, rosemary, green tea, cucumber and grape (none of which I am allergic to- yay!). I know cucumbers are always laid over your eyes in spas so... Yes, I felt the product was worth the $3. Would I buy it again? I dunno, maybe. It wasn't bad or good..it just felt nice.



The High Definition Undereye Setting Powder comes in a little, tiny container with a little tiny brush. I don't know where that brush is. I actually use my e.l.f. blush brush to swipe a bit under my eye. The powder is light-diffusing so it refracts the light that comes to the eye...well, it does something and allegedly causes dark circles to vanish. I don't have dark circles (not really) but I use my BareMinerals Well Rested and I wanted to see if this product could replace it. Nope, it cannot. It's a thin, glittery powder that does almost nothing to hide dark circles. I did try placing it on top of my Well Rested and it works okay. It does reflect light and makes the area under my eyes look brighter. It was nice (when used with the Well Rested) but I don't think I'd purchase it again. I already have something that I use to do what it claims to do...and what I have works better.

So my review is one eye open and one eye closed (ha!). My magical roller ball is nice but my sparkly eye powder is mediocre. That doesn't take away from the other e.l.f. products though. It does keep my 50/50 ratio on tap. So far about half of my e.l.f. products work well. The other half should be in the trash.

I know what you're thinking. The blush brush should be the tie breaker. I use that blush brush every day. BUT, I don't use it for blush. I think it sucks as far as blush is concerned. I think it is good for under the eye.


So, we're still at 50/50. You know, until the next order comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment