May 9, 2014

Behind The Mask - April Unmasking



I know. It's May. But, I've saved all of my April unmasking for you! I didn't want you to miss out. I did better this month. I have FIVE masks for you in April. That's like one every 6 days! Next month (this month) maybe we'll see one every 5 days! Fingers crossed for that goodie!

On with the show!



GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment. OUCH!! What the hell? The first minute of tingle DID NOT feel good. The second minute wasn't so hot either but by the third minute I was starting to feel better. I didn't know if I was going to make it 10 minutes though. Well, I did and fifteen minutes later I had a cool, smooth face. But I had already vowed if sweet baby Jesus allowed me to survive the 10 minutes, I wouldn't do it again. I saw NO benefit to this mask other than torture and with a price tag of $19 for .5 oz and $69 for 1.7 oz I'd like some visible (almost immediate) benefit. 



Boscia Cool Blue Calming Mask. This isn't cooling as much as it is annoying. Any air that touched my face made it irritated while I was masking. The color was cool beans though and it was neat to be able to pull the mask off of my face in practically one piece. The gloss that my face got was neato skeeto but this mask costs big bucks. It's $34 for 2.8 oz or you can do like I did and get a 3 pack mask (with a luminizing black mask, bright white mask and cool blue calming mask for about $15). Each pack had enough for 2 uses so if you really like all 3 but don't want to drop $34 at one time, get the 3 pack with 9 treatments for a little less than half of the price. For me, I'm not sure that neato skeeto is enough. In this case and I saw no real results.



Studio 35 Beauty Peel-off Mask - I got this little beauty at CVS during a BOGO 1/2 off so it was about $1.50. You can get 2 uses out of this pack. At first I was really happy with this mask. It had a nice cucumber scent that I was ready to love. Then I got a blast of alcohol scent (2nd ingredient listed). It was nice and cooling on the skin and again, I wanted to ignore the almost overwhelming alcohol scent and love it but then came peel off time. I had used the Boscia mask previously and it took maybe 60 seconds to pull off (because I wanted to do it in 1 piece so I was really careful). This didn't peel off all at once. It took me 7 minutes to get all the pieces off. I'm not exaggerating. I timed it! For a mask that you have on for 15 minutes, I should be able to take less than half that for removal! I could probably deal with one thing or the other but alcohol smelling and tough removal? It's not worth it to me.



Skin Benefits Anti-wrinkle Green Tea Facial Mask. I really like this brand. It's a full sized, thick paper mask with slots for your eyes, nose and lips. It feels comfortable, smells pleasant and afterwards (for at least a good 2 or 3 hours) my skin is smoother and softer. I use these masks at night on purpose because afterwards I wait until ready to go to bed to add my moisturizer. Yep, these masks are so good that I like to let the gel soak into my skin. I may not see super fabulous results but I'd pay a lot more than the Big Lots $.69 for this mask. I say every month, if you see this brand, grab all of them!



Skin Benefits Anti-aging Grape Seed Facial Mask. Again, a winner from this brand. This smelled like heaven. It had a fabulous grape smell. I'd wear it for that alone!  It's also a thick paper mask that fits comfortably over your face. And I find that I'm about to put my glasses on and do things around the house while wearing this mask. It's really nice to wear. This brand of masks really feels like a treat when you wear them. Highly recommended.

And there you have it! Unmasking for April. I polled several beauty gurus and they said you can mask at the very least once every 2 days. I think I'll try for every 3 or 4 days and see what happens. I haven't had too many adverse reactions to masking (because once I remembered that if you have fruit allergies, fruit masks are bad, I was ok!) and you do feel pampered while wearing them -- even if you look weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment