Apr 13, 2014

Quickie Review - Suave Naturals Lotion


I mentioned being picky when it comes to lotion. It's so true. I like lotions that are creamy and rich and not watery. I also like lotions that are lightly scented. I can't stand a heavy floral or musky scented lotion. For years I only used Jergens hand and body lotion. It was creamy and had a light cherry scent. That was good enough for me until last year when Suave began putting out crazy high dollar coupons and I stocked up on all the scents that I could find.

I know that Suave is seen as a cheapie cheapie brand and that may be a turn off to some. I have to confess that it took me a while to try it too. But, once I did try it, I was hooked!

There are several lotion types with the Suave brand. Skin Solutions is supposed to "provide 24-hour moisturization, keeping your skin looking beautiful'. There are 5 of those; Advanced Therapy Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea, Revitalizing with Vitamin E, Soothing with Aloe and Silkening with Baby Oil.

The Naturals are supposed to do the same thing but "with long-lasting fragrances that smell as good as Bath & Body Works®" (that is from Suave.com, not me folks). The fragrances in the line are Everlasting Sunshine, Wild Cherry Blossom, Lavender Vanilla and Sweet Pea & Violet.

The newest line is the Professionals Body Care Collection and they are supposed to "work as well as top beauty brands so you can look and feel beautiful every day". They boast several items that include a Moroccan Infusion body lotion.

I currently have Lavender Vanilla (2 of them), Wild Cherry Blossom (2 of that one too), Everlasting Sunshine, Silkening with Baby Oil and Sweat Pea & Violet. Lavender Vanilla is my favorite. Now, I don't use B&BW lotions because I find them to be too watery. So, if we are comparing these lotions to B&BW lotions, these win. They are hands down, creamier and last a nice, long time without being overpowering in the scent department. Now, we can't compare them to the B&BW hand creams because they are creams. If we did, of course the cream would win over lotion.

I haven't tried the new Moroccan Infusion body lotion, but I plan on it. I really like the Suave lotion line and am excited to try everything in it. If you haven't tried Suave because it seemed too cheap to work, I think you should start with just one small bottle and see what you think. Hey, if you don't like it, you can always take it to work and put it on your desk, you know, for those folks that need a communal lotion.


I know that's not just MY job! Fess up!

No comments:

Post a Comment