Apr 12, 2014

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub


I know. I could have cleaned off the top, huh?!

I am a sucker for a gimmick sometimes. I think certain ideas are really, really good. But sometimes the actual process or product isn't that great. Or, maybe it is but is it really worth it?

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub falls into the last category. It was an impulse buy when I was in the Lush store. But isn't everything? It smells so good in there. And, the sales folks cleanse your hands and them massage oils or lotions into them. Ahhhhhh! You are NOT leaving that store empty handed.


And, let's just be clear. I wasn't pressured into purchasing something I didn't want or anything. I mean the idea of a lip scrub is great. I sometimes get lips that peel and a lip exfoliater is a good idea. And this product is a good product. It really does exfoliate my lips and it makes them soft and supple. 

For a day. Then I'm back to moisturizing with a good balm every night and hoping for the best in the morning.

And this little jar does last quite a while. I exfoliate once a week and my jar goes a long way. I've had this jar since November. I gave my sister a big ole' scoop of it and I'm still not halfway done. I do have to finish it by October 12th though. The product has no preservatives so it doesn't last forever. It's good to know when something expires though. I know that I have to toss this in October.

Or November. Perhaps December. Will 2 extra months of flavored sugar really hurt me?

Anyway, I like this scrub. It was $9.95 and no, it's not a bad price. I've purchased lipsticks 3 times that but this is sugar and coloring and flavoring. I always feel like I could just break out some sugar and mix up the same thing at home.

But I won't.

I'll go to Lush and buy another one. Cause, well, it's like $.85 a month!

And it feels luxurious.

And who doesn't like the smell of the Lush store?

What are you doing next October?

Or November.


Not December though. Perhaps that IS pushing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment