Apr 26, 2014

Quickie Review - NYX Eyeshadow Base



Let's not focus on the yukkiness of the jar you see here. Let's focus instead on my love of this eyeshadow base.


I love this base!

I began looking at eyeshadow bases quite a while ago. NYX eyeshadow base in skin tone was one of the first ones that I tried. That, along with a few liquid ones and a few stick ones. I tried cheap ones and expensive ones. I tried white ones, clear ones and skin toned ones. No matter how many I tried, none of them really compared to my NYX eyeshadow base.

When you get down to it, this is a tacky, cream base. It's smooth but has the ability to stay crease free. The NYX website says it "creates a smooth canvas for color, increases its durability and prevents fallout". I couldn't agree more. And, it lasts forever. A little bit goes a long way. This $6 or $7 pot will last you a good year. I wear eye makeup 5 or 6 days a week (Sunday is normally a face rest day) and I might even get 13 or 14 months out of this little baby.

I haven't tried the white base or shimmer base in the NYX line but I don't know that I have to. It took me quite a while to learn the lesson -- when you find what works, stick to it.


What eyeshadow base works for you? How long did it take you to learn that lesson?!

No comments:

Post a Comment