Apr 28, 2014

Nail Polish Change - Wet n Wild Megalast in Through The Grapevine & L.A. Colors Color Craze in Jewel Tone (and bonus color - Revlon Nail Enamel in Enchanting)

DoNOT talk about my crappy polish skills! I make up for it with my witty charm!

I don't know when this party nail craze is going to end but I'm going to be sad when it does!

This past week I wore purple in honor of my kiddo's prom dress. She got her nails done in purple so I did the same thing and used the same color for my party nail.
 
I know -- blurry as all get out. I wasn't drunk, I promise!

I've touted my love for the Wet n Wild Megalast nail polishes and because I discovered that Dollar General has a line exclusive to them (see, I'm late to the party, again!), you will be seeing lots of pretty colors from them. Their polishes wear well, stay chip free for most of the week and have that tapered brush that I have grown to love. This week, of course, was no exception. The color was beautiful and I plan to wear it again and again.

L.A. Colors nail polishes, on the other hand, are hit or miss. I've had some colors/formulations that I thought wore beautifully and others that didn't do the trick. Jewel Tone was more miss than hit and didn't really do what I wanted it to do, how I wanted it to do it.

When I create a party nail, I want to run the brush over it twice and be done. I'd like whatever sparkle, glitter, fuzz or confetti is going on inside the bottle, to flow seamlessly onto my nails. It took FOUR passes over the nail to get this sparkle on. That was a bit too much for me because it meant that my nail looked funky. You can't tell in the picture (or maybe you can) but I wasn't a fan of it. I like the sparkle result, mind you, just not what it took to get there. Especially since there are other polishes in my collection that will give me a pop of purple sparkle if I want. I would not buy this type of polish from L.A. Colors again.


Oh and you get a bonus cause I painted my toes! In keeping with the purple theme I used Revlon Nail Enamel in Enchanting. Very nice! I don't know if I'd use it on my nails but it is gorgeous on my tootsies. I can't really give you the deets on chipping and all that cause my toes don't type and cook and open packages and stuff so my toe nail polish lasts for weeks...until they grow. So I normally go 2 -3 weeks before painting them. But I wanted to show you the swatch cause it's purty!

And, just as I mentioned, I picked up a TON of new polish this past week. I can't even tell you how many Wet n Wild polishes I bought because it's embarrassing! No, not that I got them...that I didn't have them already! No one told me about the Dollar General exclusives! Sighhhhh. I made up for it though and you know what that means.


You're going to see a lot of WnW polishes! Get ready (But not next week. I'm doing something else next week).

No comments:

Post a Comment