Apr 20, 2014

It's A Haul Y'all!


Grab a snack and something cold to drink folks! We're going to spend some time together.

I spend the past week or so going a tiny bit crazy. It's all a part of my birthday haul! I mentioned at the beginning of the month that this is my Birthday Month and I planned on pampering myself a little bit. If you've noticed, many of the posts this month are positive reviews on the things that I love. If that bothers you a bit, don't worry. May is right around the corner and there have been some stinkers this month. I'll tell you all about it!

I know that you look at the haul pic and shake your head. It's ok cause I have more pictures! But, I'm not ashamed! I told you I had big shopping plans. Didn't you believe me? LOL.

My first thought was just to tell you about ALL the stuff that I purchased over the last week. I know. It's a lot of stuff and who has an hour to spend reading about all that? So I decided to just break it down by purchase type. That won't involve you investing in a bookmark and new eyeglasses.

BUBBLE BATH

I think I've mentioned it before. I like baths. I like bubbles and luxurious shower gels. They make me feel like a queen. To me, a shower is something you do really quickly to get the dirt and grime off. A bubble bath, on the other hand, is used for relaxing. You take your time and let the day fall off of you or you take your time and prepare your mind for the day ahead. Either way, it's a slow, purposeful thing.

And boy do I have a bubble bath collection already! I have a 4 foot high shower caddy next to the tub that is full of bubble bath. Then I have bottles of bubble bath in a pretty basket next to the tub. And then, I have some smaller gels in the 4 corners next to the tub. I'm a bubble bath/shower junkie. I admit it.


So, to add to my addiction, I picked up a few bottles this week. Everyone knows that ULTA was having a big sale last week so I picked up 3 minis -- Lollipop Twist, Marshmallow Chick and Yum Yum Yumberry. Can I just tell you how yummy they smell? The Lollipop Twist smells like a cherry flavored Jolly Rancher and the Marshmallow Chick smells like a lemony piece of sweet, sugary, cotton candy (how's that for descriptive?). The Yum Yum Yumberry smells like berries, just average. It smells like every other berry flavor you've  smelled. But, the other 2 will be future purchases for sure. They all lather well and I can see me getting the full size bottles of Lollipop Twist and Marshmallow Chick.

I also picked up a Coconut Grove Cleansing Shower Gel from Ulta. It was in the 3 for $10 section. It smells very nice and coconutty (I know it's not a real word but it should be!) but it's very liquidy. It's nice but I can't see me buying it again. I had to use a third of the tube to get all washed up and it never lathered.


I went to Wal-Mart, used a high value coupon and picked up 2 Nivea "Touch Of" fragrances -- Touch of Happiness and Touch of Sparkle. Touch of Happiness really does make me happy. It smells very fresh with a bright, citrus scent. Touch of Sparkle is a soft, light scent that just reminds you of clean laundry. They both are so creamy and feel very rich and luxurious. Nivea costs a bit more than others but it's so worth it.


St. Ives is a brand that I always buy but I didn't have these 2. I purchased Even & Bright and Revitalizing Pear & Soy. Yes, yes, yes, people. Both of these are great scents. They are a rich formula and a little but goes a lot way. It suds up really nicely and that's important! It's not a creamy formula and not one of the first ones that I grab but I do like the smell and they leave the entire bathroom smelling great.

I also bought a random Zest body wash(Creamy Cocoa Butter & Shea) and Herbal Essences Honey I Smell Good body wash. I haven't tried either of these but I'm pretty sure I'll like them.

So as you can guess, I smell pretty delightful right about now. I'm luxuriated and refreshed and my bathroom smells good too! If I had smell-o-computer, you'd be a happy camper.


I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment