Mar 4, 2014

Quickie Review - Wet n Wild Brushes

Hello good people!

I picked up my Wet n Wild brushes on a rainy Saturday when I was browsing Walgreens, not really looking for anything. I often wander through stores not looking for anything (and then purchasing several things). I saw these brushes and I wanted to try them.


Just so you know, I'm not big on buying complete brush sets. I like to buy brushes by the piece. I just don't like the idea of having several brushes that I don't need or use, so I tend to stick with singles or sets for 1 purpose; a full eye set, a full powder set, etc.

Brush 1 was an eyeshadow brush. I like eyeshadow brushes. I like smudge brushes to pack on product and I love fluffy ones to sheer out and blend colors. I've found that many smudge bruses do what they need to do but I have trouble falling in love with fluffy brushes (crease or blending). I didn't fall in love with the Wet n Wild eyeshadow brush either. This eyeshadow brush was rough and I was kinda scared to use it on the second eye after using it on the first! I read a blog that compared it to MAC 239 and if that is the case, I don't want to try that one. I really didn't like it.


Brush 2 was a foundation brush. I have 2 or 3 in my collection already (from purchasing sets) and I don't really use them. I find that my Sigma F80 and my Coastal Scents Flat Top Bionic brushes do a better job for me. While I didn't like this as a foundation brush, I did find that it would be ok as a brush for getting into those tight spots with powder (around my nose, under my eye). It wasn't too soft or too rough and was the same texture as the foundation brushes I currently own.

I think Wet n Wild brushes will work for some people. They are inexpensive and pretty pops of color but for me, they just fall flat.


Have you tried them? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment