Mar 26, 2014

Naked! Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal



You know that I love (almost) all things Rimmel. It's not a secret that between their lip gloss, lip sticks and mascara, my makeup counter is covered in the brand. Well, Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal is no different. I have almost all of the colors. They are rich colors that stay on your waterline beautifully. The formula is one of my favorites. When Rimmel comes out with new colors, I am one of the first ones in line for it. If there is only 1 and you reach for it, expect a jab in the stomach and I pluck it from your fingers. Yes, it is just that serious (not really, but kinda).

Trends? I'm not much of a trend gal. I like classic, tried and true, timeless. I don't jump on the trend bandwagon that much. I'll look, see if it's for me and then keep it moving. So, when I saw the nude liner trend, I wondered if it was for me. 


I don't always get my 8 hours of sleep so I'm searching for ways to look more awake and refreshed. I was excited about the nude liner trend. Bloggers and Vloggers touted the magical ability of nude liner. It could give you that "I just slept a full 8 hours," look. If it could make me look like I got a great night's sleep then it's the thing for me. I wanted to see if it worked.

Well...it didn't work. I tried both nude and taupe liners and ended up looking washed out and tired. It actually enhanced the redness in my eyes. I had to go back over my waterline with a brown liner. The nude and taupe liners did the opposite of what they were supposed to do. 

So I went back to my other liners-- the ones with color. They seem to do the trick. Although, I'm sure 2 hours more sleep each night would work too!!


Have you tried nude liners? Did they work for you? What trend did you try and it just didn't work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment