Mar 15, 2014

Mascara March - First Half


It's been an exciting first half folks! We have several contestants and they've been working as hard as they can to come out on top....

LOL. So, let's look at stuff in the order of how I tried them.


Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, .43 fl oz - Walmart - $4.44 - I've purchase Maybelline Great Lash a few times before. It's that mascara that everybody buys. It may have even been your very first mascara. It's plain and looks just fine but it's nothing special. The wand is regular, a tiny bit smaller than normal. I got basic lash length and some transfer by the end of the day. I like long lashes -- that's ok. But, I wear eye glasses so length isn't my main goal. I prefer fullness. This doesn't do it. Would I purchase this again. Mehhh, probably not but maybe. It's cheap and in a pinch works.


Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara, 0.23 fl oz - Sephora - $24.00 - For the next few days, my eyelashes got to enjoy the Makeup Forever Mascara. I really like this one! It gave my lashes a fullness that I love and just enough length to make my proud. Now, the scary part of this mascara was the wand. Geeze Louise! The wand is long and I was a bit scared that I was going to poke my durn eyeball out! There was minimal transfer at the end of the day. I got this sample from Sephora in a birthday kit. Would I purchase it? When I can get something just as good for a third of the price? Well, I liked the results but not that much.


NYC Show Time Volumizing Mascara, .27 fl oz - Rite Aid - $3.99 - My mom always complains that mascaras are too wet. I think she'd like this one. It's not wet at all. It's almost too dry. I didn't get anything promising out of this one. My lashes were just coated, not long. And yes, there was minimal transfer but it still didn't win any awards with me. The wand was very ordinary which for me, is good. I won't toss it or anything but I definitely won't repurchase it.


Wet n WIld Mega Protein Mascara, .27 fl oz.- Walgreens - $1.79 - Yuk. That's the nicest thing I can say about this mascara. Oh, and I paid $.79 because I used a coupon. I was so glad I chose to wear this on a Friday when no one was at work because I had the ugliest raccoon eyes ever! I didn't even wear this a second day. It was too much for me to even try again. I would not purchase this again.

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam, .41 fl oz. - Walmart - $5.47 - Ahhhhh, so nice. This mascara is vavava voom! I liked the length but I loved the fullness. I could tell after one coat that I was going to like it. After 2 coats, I was ready to take on the world. There was no transfer and the hour glass shaped brush was funny looking but amazing. I guess that's what made it so good. The container itself is a bit bulky but that's ok. With a formula like this, I'll forgive the big container. I am definitely going to keep this mascara in rotation!

So, we're halfway through! It's 5 down and 5 to go! I'm pretty excited for the second half of this game! Are you ready?!

No comments:

Post a Comment