Mar 7, 2014

GWP Freebie Review - Lancôme Color Design Sensational Effects Eyeshadow Quad


A month ago I purchased a few things from Lancôme...because I wanted the gift with purchase. I wanted to try some of the skin care items and some of the color items that they had in the kit. After all, isn't it better to test products in miniature form before buying the full size product? Well, I think it's more fun that way.


I decided to have fun. I purchased the Bienfait Teinté Beauty Balm Cream and a Lancôme Gloss In Love lip gloss and earned a GWP goodie bag. One of the freebies that I got in my Lancôme freebie bag (yes, it was a literal bag) was the Lancôme Color Design Sensational Effects Eyeshadow Quad. Pink Pearls (matte), Makeover (Metallic), "It" List (Matte) and Pink Zinc (Metallic) were the colors in the quad. I have to admit that even though it was a little thing, it sure was pretty. I thought the pink, gold and beige colors looked nice and I couldn't wait to try them. I normally use black or really dark colors sparingly. I like a soft eyelid.


These colors were soft alright. They were so soft that I couldn't get them to show up! I was kinda disappointed. I thought these colors would sing but these were too light, even for me!

But, I recognize these are freebies and not always the same as the full size quad. I've had several of the Lancôme colors and been very pleased with them. I love their browns and pinks. But this freebie doesn't make me want to run out and try a quad though! I wonder why the formulation is different (in MY opinion it's different). If I were purchasing full sized colors based only on this quad, I'd probably run away.


Have you tried any of the Lancôme quads? What did you think? Do you get the GWP? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment