Feb 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Chocolate


My first thought was to post about red lipsticks. I thought I'd do a post about 7 red lipsticks and tell you what I thought of them.    

But then I remembered. I don't like red lipsticks. I like fuchsia and I can work a reddy brown but I'm not really partial to red. I'm a brown or nude kinda girl. I can go for a warm brown shadow or cocoa colored lip maybe even a chocolaty bronzer on my cheeks. 

Not red. Not really. 

But chocolate...hey wait minute!!

You probably don't know this but I loooove chocolate. I love hot chocolate, milk chocolate brownies, even white chocolate candy. So, it's understandable that I'd wear it on my face. 

Of course!

So these are some of my favorite "chocolates".

My face has fallen in love with the Revlon Photoready Bronzer in 100 Bronzed & Chic. A natural look on my skin. So pretty. My eyes are very simple. They like the Wet n Wild Coloricon trios Knock on Wood & Walking on Eggshells. Warm chocolate with a touch of pink, some deep plum and a swipe of white chocolate. I sometimes mix it up with CoverGirl Eye Enhancers single in swiss chocolate, Maybelline Expert Wear single in cinnamon spice or L'Oreal Wear Infinite Studio Secrets single in Gilded Bronze. My eyes love NYX retractable eyeliner in brown and Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye shadow stick in Bad Girl Bronze. They glide like butter (a component in cooking some of the best chocolate treats!).

Lips, you know, are the part of the body that chocolate touches first. I have my favorite candy liners by Jordana and Rimmel Exaggerate lip liners. I also like my Kate by Rimmel (Rosetto) and Milani (Candied Toffees) lipsticks. Now I know that I said I don't do red but this L.A. Colors Luscious Wine is an exception. It's a chocolaty red that is oh so pretty. I wear it when I need a strong lip color.

Now, you know I like my gloss. I have several favorite glosses, NYX Lip Cream in Buttery Nude, Femme Couture Lip Luster in Creamy Copper, Make Up For Ever Lab Shine gloss in Metal Shine M10 (a nice cherry chocolate), and Almay Liquid Lip Balms in Rosy Lipped and Truffle. They make lips feel nice and warm.

My fingers like to be dipped in chocolate as well. I've been using Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in 200 Bare Naked and L'Oreal Collection Privee colors in doutzen's nude & juliane's nude. They are softer shades of chocolate but still just as sweet!

So there you have it. No red lips but lots of chocolate. Ahhhh, the joy of Valentine's Day. I hope your day is just as sweet.


Kisses & Chocolate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment