Feb 20, 2014

Sample Bin Review - BB Creams

I've mentioned that I would spent January, February and March testing different samples that I've gotten. I have samples of perfume, moisturizers, serums, etc. I've been doing a pretty good job at testing. And to think, 6 weeks ago I hadn't tested a thing!


I'm pretty proud of myself. I tried all the BB Creams from my sample bin and I came away thinking that a BB cream isn’t such a bad idea. But I’m getting ahead of myself.


By definition a BB cream is a blemish balm. I found after playing with them for several weeks, they appear (to me) to be tinted moisturizers. I thought that they all would be very similar too but they aren't all the same. I tested all of the BB creams at home first. Many of the samples that I got were too light for my complexion so I’d look a little crazy if I wore them all out in public.


Here are my results….





Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector Anti-Aging BB Cream – I used the Medium/Deep packet and the color was a great match. I liked the fact that it matched well but the BB cream itself was the thickest of all the creams and it was also very tacky. My skin felt damp and sticky even after waiting 15 minutes. There was a slight smell that was kind of unpleasant and I do not like all makeup smells at all. I've returned makeup to the store for that offense.



Ponds Luminous Finish BB Cream – The shade that I had was light so it was totally the wrong color for me. The BB Cream was thick but not as thick as the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector Anti-Aging BB Cream. Again, there was a smell so it wouldn’t work for me.



Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream – I had the light to medium shade and that worked well. This BB cream had a very nice feel. It was thick but like a tinted moisturizer. There wasn’t a smell and because I liked it so well, I actually used the package for “real” wear twice.



Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew (no anti-aging) – I used the medium/deep shade and it was nice, a bit beige though (I need a tad bit of red in my beauty balm). I also liked the feel of this. It felt light enough that I could add my foundation powder lightly over the top. It also had no smell. Even though the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector Anti-Aging BB Cream is by the same company, it was almost like using a completely different BB cream.


Again, I only tested most of the beauty balms at home, only wearing the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream & Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew (no anti-aging) in public. I added a light covering of my Bare Minerals Original Foundation (mineral powder).



Going into the test I would never have even thought of using a BB cream. It sounded like a waste of money to me. After this test, I did go out and purchase a BB cream. Don’t laugh but it wasn’t one of these at all! But, if I had to choose one of these that I tested, I’d choose two (cause I can do stuff like that). I’d go with the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream & Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew (no anti-aging). BUT, I’d only use them with a face powder because neither of them was a perfect match.

No comments:

Post a Comment