Feb 26, 2014

Quickie Review - Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express For Brows and Eyes


I'll let you in on a little secret. I just "perfected" tweezing my eyebrows. Now, I know that everyone else has begun drawing them back in but I hadn't gotten quite that far. After watching everyone else for several months, I decided to try as well.

If a camera had been on me, you good folks would have laughed you booty off. I went to the Sephora counter twice and had them draw in my brows with different products. The first time they drew in my brows they used a pencil and it was waaaaay darker than I was comfortable with. The second time the nice lady assisted me, she used a brow powder. It was still kinda dark but more manageable. After watching what the sales assistant did, I decided to try the Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express For Brows and Eyes in brunette.


I was very pleased. The kit comes with a brush, eyebrow stencils, a circle of wax, a circle with 2 brow colors and a circle with 2 highlighter colors. The box (which was sturdy but kinda cheap looking) came with a mirror on 1 side and instructions on the other side.

I started with the highlight powder and defined where my eyebrow stopped and my brow bone (eyeshadow space place) started. I really liked the highlighter. It wasn't too sparkly and was a good shade for me. Next, I used the lighter of the two brow colors and just brushed a bit of color onto my brows. I know that your color should match the color of your brows but I just wasn't ready to go that far yet. Baby steps people! Instead, the color was in between skin color and brow color. I then used a spooley to blend in a touch of the darker color.

I didn't use the wax because I found it changed the color of the brow powder. It made it darker and that's what I was running from. It also made it look a little less natural. I also didn't use the stencils. I tried them during my practice run but decided that just following the natural flow of my arch looked more natural, more like I wasn't "all made up".


I wore the look for several days and no one seemed to stare and laugh or run away so I figure I did pretty good. I liked the result and was glad that I had given it a try. Would I repurchase? Well, I wouldn't purchase the entire kit. I didn't use everything in the kit and didn't feel that I needed everything in there. The whole kit was $39.50 at Sephora and I felt that I would have done better just buying the brow powder duo for $23. You get almost twice the brow powder and I have several highlighters at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment