Feb 25, 2014

Mascara March


I am soooo excited! I decided that March would be Mascara March!! I plan on trying several mascara's in the month of March and telling you all about them. I'm gonna pick some faves and I'm gonna dish on some duds.

Let me just explain my relationship with mascara. Mascara and I are friends. We don't "go together" or hang out after work. We don't meet at the same dinner parties or go shopping with each other. We are simply friends. We meet once a day, in the morning, and then we go our separate ways as soon as I get home from work. On the weekends, I never see mascara unless I have an event to go to and if I forget to meet mascara in the morning on a weekday, no big deal.

Mascara and I have that relationship because it has taken me forever to find one that I could live with. I don't normally wear mascara on my lower lashes because I get instant raccoon eyes. I am careful with the formulas that I wear during the day because if they are too wet, I end up with raccoon eyes. I have to remember that I'm wearing mascara because if I touch my eye in the slightest, I get...you guessed it. Raccoon eyes.

I also can't wear long, fabu-lastic mascaras because I wear glasses every day. If my mascara is too lengthening, my eyeglasses get raccoon eyes and then I can't see. I need a perfect mascara and perfect is hard to come by.

I currently am in love with Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing mascara. I can apply two coats and get just the right amount of length and just the right amount of volume. My second love is Benefit Cosmetics They're Real mascara. This will give you va-va-va-voom lashes that you will swoon over. My only complaint (besides the price, but beauty costs sometimes) is that they give a bit too much volume and begin to look Lamb Chop like. Now, some folks like Lamb Chop lashes. If you do, then that's ok. It's not for me.

So, March is going to be about trying new mascaras. I've already picked up some (both high end and drugstore, paid for and GWP) and I'm ready to get this show on the road!

What's your favorite mascara? Are you REALLY please with it? Do you want to try some new ones with me? What do you suggest?


See you on April Fool's day! We'll talk about it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment