Jan 16, 2014

What's The Common Color Here?


Do you see a trend? Notice any color similarities? Yeah, me too.

It's not that I don't like color. I do...I promise. It's just that when I put on my face of the day, I reach for tried and true glosses and lipsticks. I go with bronze, cocoa, and soft gold eyeshadows. Warm, rich colors make me happy. Every now and then I'll add a pop of purple or fuchsia, nothing too fancy, mind you.

So now I have  another goal for 2014 (I told you, I like goals). I'm going to add bursts of color to my makeup collection. Not big, bangs. Heavens no! Do you want to render me unconscious? Just small, subtle strokes of color. Not enough to stop and stare but enough for folks to go, "Oh, how nice! Did you do something different today?"

I've know that almost all the cosmetic companies have a wilder side to their line (in addition to the nude side that I'd normally go to). I haven't purchased anything from that wilder side but I have seen them. This year, I'm going to purchase some of them...

...and WEAR them!

I'm going to add a blue eyeshadow, maybe a cherry red lipstick. I'm going to go bold!

On a Saturday, not a work Tuesday.


Baby steps, baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment