Jan 25, 2014

Quickie Review - Rimmel Lip Products


Can I tell you that I am in love? Can I tell you that I have met 2 lipstick lines that make my lips feel so soft and supple? Can I tell you that I have met a brand that I am ready to go all the way with -- hands under the sweater?

Ok, maybe that was a bit much but seriously, I have fallen in love with Rimmel lipsticks. I found one at the drugstore (of course) and another one at Big Lots. Until last week, I didn't even own a Rimmel lipstick. I owned a liner but I don't think I had even taken the cap off. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate changed all of that!



I purchased Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 08, Rossetto and Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Ravish. I knew when I swatched them that I'd like the rosy nude color. What I didn't know is that they are a wonderful matte color that lasts for hours without feeling dry. Most mattes that I have tried have been dry and I have to use tons of balm to moisturize my lips. My lips drink up as much moisture as they can so I'm never without a lip balm. I usually have to slather on balm and then the lipstick. This lipstick didn't need more than a brief swipe of balm. I plan on checking out #105, #107 & #110. I'll let you know what I think!

The Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner is a twist up liner and it's silky smooth. I did apply some balm and then used the stick as color and holy moly! It was so pretty. I was super impressed. My liner (when used with lip stick) lasted all day and looked as if I had just applied it.

I picked up my Rimmel Moisture Renew in 820, Cherrylicious because I had already worn the Rimmel by Kate. I was so glad that I did. Cherrylicious is a slightly plummy, slightly nude shade. I recognize the two colors almost look the same but there is a slight difference and they are still both colors that will get so much use. Rimmel Renew is very moist and only needed a swipe of balm. It looked great and felt so good. It lasted several hours and only needed a reapply after lunch. I picked it up a discount store so I'm pretty sure it's a discontinued line but if I find more online or at another Big Lots, I'm going to grab other colors.

I've owned the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Liner in Rose Quartz for several months. I pulled it out once I picked up my Rimmel lipsticks and loved it just as much. Even though it's not a twist up liner, it's still smooth and goes on easily. My liner stayed in place all day. I had to remove it when I took off my makeup. I think this liner would be fine over some gloss as it's own color.


Yes ma'am! I love these Rimmel lip products. I will begin playing close attention to their new items!

No comments:

Post a Comment