Jan 23, 2014

Monthly Nail Polish Review - January


Hey there.

I know that I've already given you a first impression (and a first look) of most of the nail (and toe) colors that I've worn this month. Now it's time to see how they did in the 6 day challenge. Well, not challenge but you know. I wore them for about 6 days to see if there were any significant chips or problems with the formula or if the color wasn't that great or if it took hours to remove or if it turned my nails black after use...you get the picture.

You are in luck! This month I've tried some really nice polishes and that means I have new brands to add to my collection. This month I wore Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Nail Color in 200 Bare Naked, China Glaze in 1181 Glitz'n pieces, L'Oreal Nail Color in 320 Marvelous, Kleancolor Nail Lacquer in 310 3D duochrome, Wet n Wild Fastdry Nail Color in 237C Gray's Anatomy and Revlon Nail Enamel in 330 Naughty.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Nail Color in 200 Bare Naked scared me at first. Not the color, the nice peach color was actually very pretty but you can't go wrong with a soft nude/peach color. The brush scared me. It's a thick, brush with a tapered end. Maybe that shows I've been buying cheap polish too long. I thought that the brush would give me waaaaay too much polish. It actually did the opposite. The tapered end meant I got a more precise stroke of color and probably used less polish. The staying power wasn't fantabulous but I'm not sure I was expecting more than I got. There were two chips within 4 days but I spend my days typing and using my hands a lot so that wasn't bad. Overall, I'd purchase another color from this line and give it a whirl.

I used China Glaze in 1181 Glitz'n pieces as an accent nail color over my Rimmel Bare Naked color. It was different for me but a nice different. It was really pretty over the Bare Naked but next time, I'll use a different color. The Bare Naked was a warm color and Glitz'n pieces probably needed to go over a cooler color. The staying power was terrific and I didn't have much trouble taking the color off. I had to do the 'cotton pad on the nail for 10 minutes' trick but I do that with normal polish anyway.

I loved L'Oreal Nail Color in 320 Marvelous. I've only been wearing it for 5 days but there don't appear to be any major chips. The color is a warm, rich cocoa brown that looks really good against my complexion. It also has the tapered brush that I'm getting use to. I plan on keeping this in the rotation. Of all the polishes I wore this month, this is the clear winner! Love it!!

I had a New Years Eve party that I went to and I need a metallic pale purple polish. I had two colors in my collection, Kleancolor Nail Lacquer in 310 3D duochrome and Wet n Wild Fastdry Nail Color in 237C Gray's Anatomy. I used the duochrome purple and then added a coat of the Wet n Wild Gray's Anatomy on top. So pretty. Really pretty. I'd have picture for you but...it was on my tootsies. Not sure that anyone wants to see that!

And last (and liked least) I used Revlon Nail Enamel in 330 Naughty on my tootsies. They aren't a stranger to darker colors; purples, browns, greens, etc. I've also used the Revlon Nail Enamel brand before and like it. I wasn't fond of this color though. Even thought it was a dark purple, it was a flat color that left much to be desired. Polish lasts on my toes for about 2 weeks so the wear is fine I just didn't like the color. I think I'll give it to the kiddo. She liked it.

So there you have it. The best dressed nails in town belonged to me! And the toes with the flattest purple every created belonged to me.


You can't win them all I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment