Jan 19, 2014

Quickie Review - Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm


In December I got a great deal on Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balms. Rite Aid had them BOGO 1/2 price and a $5 off of 2 coupon magically appeared online. You know I go all soft and squishy for lip glosses (excuse me, liquid lip balms) and I really love a great deal. I was very excited to try these liquid lip balms and even bought some for the kiddo for Christmas. I picked up Rosy Lipped, Cantaloupe Cream, Pink Pout, Truffle Kiss and Just Plum Good. My local Rite Aid didn't have a huge selection by the time I went in. I've learned that you have to do your drugstore sale shopping on Sunday or Monday or you get leftovers! I did check the website and there are 10 colors total. A nice shade variety I think.

Just As Bad Lighting (Sorry!)
Bad Lighting
 These are just like most glosses as far as color pigment. It gives you just enough color to see but not so much that you get a blaze of color. They wear very nicely on the lips. The balms are very creamy, they don't have a taste but they do have a light, pleasant smell. They aren't sticky or thick -- just a nice medium consistency that allows maybe 4 - 5 swipes over the lips to give enough color for both top and bottom. I have worn them alone when I didn't want much more than a colored sheen but for times that I wanted more color, I've been using lip liners as a base and then the gloss on top.

I really like these and plan on getting more colors. I have my eye on Blooming Balm, Apricot Pucker and Apple A Day.

Have you tried Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balms? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment