Jan 29, 2014

Coastal Review Brushes, Bright Eyed & Customer Service


I tried Coastal Scents for the first time this past November during the Black Friday sale. They had 1/2 price off of the entire online store! That is the best time to try new products for me! I picked up 3 brushes and some Bright Eyed Eye Brightener. I can't remember what I paid exactly but it was under $18. Well worth it!
  

  


I really wanted to try the Coastal Scents Classic Blush Angle Large Synthetic brush. My fave blush brush up until that point was the e.l.f. Studio Angled Blush Brush. I'm sad to say that the e.l.f. brush is still my favorite. I got the Coastal Scents brush and the handle is a bit too long for my needs. The brush head is a bit larger too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the brush itself. It's soft and fluffy and is well made. It's just as good as the e.l.f. brush. It was just a bit larger than I needed.

  


 The Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer has become my new powder foundation brush. I love it! It's not as dense as my Sigma F80 but that's probably good when it comes to powder foundation (which is my go to foundation for daily wear). Both brushes are about the same size even though the head of the F80 is just a hair bigger than the Flat Top Buffer. I use this brush EVERYDAY and my F80 is now the back up.


 I ordered the Classic Tapered Kabuki Stick to round out my brush portion of the order. I've used it a few times but it mainly sits and waits for me. There's nothing wrong with it and it's super soft. I just haven't had the opportunity to use it. Honestly, I'm not really sure what I'd use it for. But, I have it if I need it.



I didn't just order makeup brushes. I also ordered Bright Eyed Eye Brightener in medium. I had heard many good things about it. I don't have super dark circles or anything but I did want to see if my eyes could look any more refreshed. Being a good blogger at night (ok, watching too many beauty guru videos) can be heck the next morning. Maybe my eyes can look more refreshed but this brightener didn't do it. For one, I think the color is incorrect for me. I probably should have gone with light even though the suggestion on line was that the medium would be a good match. Moreover, the eye brightener settled into wrinkles that I didn't even know I had. If anything I looked tired and old. No worries. I can probably find another use for it so not a total loss.


So my order was 1 for 4 BUT I did have the opportunity to deal with customer service. There was a glitch in the system and my order was placed twice. Someone contacted me right away and a credit was issued immediately along with an apology email. Good customer service will win me over every time. So even though only 1 of my items made the hit list, I'll still place orders with Coastal Scents.

No comments:

Post a Comment