Jan 28, 2014

Quickie Review - Sally Hershberger Go With The Blow Thermal Styler

Hey Good Peeps!
On a recent CVS Haul I picked up a Sally Hershberger Go With The Blow Thermal Styler hair product. The normal price was about $13 but it was discounted to $3.74. I thought at that price I'd give it a try. No, I hadn't heard great reviews or anything. As a matter of fact, I had never heard of the product but I figured it was probably a decent product. Look at the price point! The reason for the discounted price is probably because they are repackaging it or something, right?!


 I normally use Mizani Spradiance High Gloss Serum on my hair. I just separate my hair into a small finger sized portion, coat the portion with a drop of High Gloss Serum and then run my flat iron over the hair strand, twice. I'm left with soft, silky, straight hair (that smells really good!) and when my entire head is done, I just shake my head to and fro like any hair model would. I love the product but at a $21 price tag for 5 fluid oz., I thought that I'd try this Go With The Blow product. Even at full price, it's a heck of a savings.


Well folks, it was not a heck of a savings. This product is not even good (for MY hair -- it may work just fine on yours). I knew when I squirted the product into my hand there would be problems. It was thin and runny and it smelled like alcohol. Alcohol, my friends, is not a silky product on the hair. When I smoothed it on the separated portion of hair, it was wet, not silky like my High Gloss Serum. I had to wait 3 minutes and let my hair dry before I could pull the flat iron through. When you have two heads to pull (with the flat iron), you don't want to lose time waiting for wet hair to dry.

And to add insult to injury, it did not smooth my hair to the soft, manageable consistency that I was looking for. After attempting to pull 4 hair portions, I put it away. It wasn't helping my hair and that alcohol smell left me suspicious that it was more damaging than anything. I wanted to love the Sally Hershberger Go With The Blow Thermal Styler hair product but it was not meant to be.

I've learned my lesson. Research new products. I've got the internet on my phone! I should have read some reviews. Better yet, I should have left well enough alone. None of my 'sista bloggers' mentioned this hair product. I wasn't hunting for a new hair product. It's not like a bad lipstick -- you wipe it off and put on a new one. Using the wrong product before flat ironing your hair could cause real problems.

I'll keep using my product and paying the $21.


At least I know it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment