May 9, 2015

Toss It Out - Blush


Hey There!

Just so you know, my first pass through my blushes yielded 1 toss it out. And, I was okay with that, for about 15 minutes. Then I went back through the blush bin and decided to add 3 more. NOW I'm ok.

Moving is a great time to declutter and I've made the decision that about 1/5 of my home furnishings and trinkets are NOT moving with me. Yep. I said ONE FIFTH.

Over the years (5 in this location) I have collected things and purchased things and very rarely threw things out. Now I have enough stuff for a six bedroom home.

I do not have a six bedroom home nor am I moving to one.

So, I'm tossing stuff and that means makeup too.


Like I said, my first pass only yielded 1 blush and my second one yielded 3 more. The first blush was the Physicians Formula Nude Wear Blush in Rose. I wanted to love this blush because the packaging is so pretty. I mean it's rose gold and pink! Who could toss this? This girl can. Why? Cause it's a hot, chalky, mess. This was a pink that was not going to work on this brown girl's cheeks. Sometimes I can make a too light pink work. Not this one. This one didn't play well with others.



Now, the other 3 blushes weren't terrible (the picture doesn't show them blended - don't get scared) they just weren't ones that I used very much. I'm not into cream or liquid blush, honestly. I didn't like how it wore on my cheeks (blotchy). And, touchups were a bit too much for me. So even though my e.l.f. HD Blush in Superstar, Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine and Maybelline Master Glaze in Make A Mauve were pretty colors, they don't get the love and attention that they need from me. So, I'm going to pass them on.

4 blushes out of my collection doesn't sound like much but trust me, every little bit of excess that can be removed, should be removed. It means that I don't have to find homes for quite as many little makeup items.

Don't worry -- I won't be stopping at blushes. I'll toss out more. And, don't worry -- I won't stop making purchases. I will just make a rule...

...For everything that I bring into the house, one thing must go out of the house.


That sounds fair...don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment