Jan 5, 2015

Nail Polish Change - Lancôme Very In Love & Sinful Colors In Gilded



Hey There!

So you came back to see what my favorite nail polish of all time (or 2014) was. Well...I'm gonna make you wait...but just for a few paragraphs.

Instead, we are going to talk about what I wore on my toes for the past week. Tee hee. I know, I'm such a tease. On my toes this past week I wore my Lancôme polish in Very In Love. It's a pretty pinky red that compliments my complexion. I topped it off with my Sinful Colors polish in Gilded. Gilded really brought out the pink in the Lancôme polish. I spent a lot of time during the holidays, at folks homes where taking off your shoes was mandatory (or strongly advised). You definitely want your toes to look cute when you are visiting the fam.



The Lancôme polish wears well but again, it was on my tootsies so it usually does. The Sinful Colors polish sealed the deal. I know that I can get another 2 weeks or so of wear from this combo. It seems like it would be a weird combination but I like it. My feet will see this dynamic duo again.

And, for my favorite polishes of the year....


L'Oreal Collection Privée in doutzen's nude and China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Travel in Colour. The China Glaze top coat is NO surprise to anyone. I wore this sucker as a top coat, party nail, whatever I could get it on. I only have the mini size, but I have three of those bad boys. Running out is NOT an option.

The L'Oreal polish might be a surprise. The color is certainly not. I told you that warm light chocolate with a hint of strawberry is so delicious on my hands. I've worn this color many times and then I get ticked off about the chipping and take it off. Yes, the formula sucks moose balls but when the color is this pretty, you deal with it.

I did say that I wouldn't purchase another L'Oreal polish until the formula changes and I haven't. I just can't get with chipping after 24 hours. My plan this year is to find another polish formula with a similar color so that I can retire this one but still have that beautiful color.

And do you see what happens when you add the China Glaze as a tip color? Geeze La-weeze that's pretty! I stared at my own darned hands all day. I didn't need any compliments...I made my own!

So there you have it. My 2 favorite colors of 2014. So pretty and fun. AND, I did decide to do a monthly nail polish round up this year instead of each week. I tried the weekly thing and the pressure was too much! There were so many times when I wanted to wear a polish 2 or 3 times in a row but I didn't feel that I could. Now I can comment on what I wore and if I purchase any during the month, I can save them up for the one time mention. Hopefully that will work.

What I can tell you is that while I have my eye on some new polishes, I want to go back and re-wear some oldies but goodies. I have some Wet n Wild and Sinful Colors that I'd like to wear again and I might have to pull out a spring color on my toes, just to make me feel good. You know how I feel about winter!

Are there any colors that you'd like to try this year? Maybe some new brands that you will look at? I think I may give Zoya another try. They are bringing out some colors that are right up my alley. And, I'd like to try an Indie brand. I kept looking for cute colors last year but nothing made me jump.


Stay tuned. It is a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment