Nov 23, 2014

It's A Haul Y'all! - Dollar Tree, Marshall's, Big Lots & Ross



Hey there!

It's been a while since I posted an honest to goodness, random haul. I spent Saturday morning in the streets and the result is a trunk full o'goodies!



BATH AND COSMETICS - I made a point of stopping into my local Dollar Tree because one of my YouTube Gals, Frugal, Fun & Fabulous (if you aren't watching her, you are making poor life choices) recommended the Daily Defense Body Wash with Argon Oil. I'm excited to try it because it does smell really good. She also found some really cute tote bags and I found the one that you see as a background in all the pictures. Isn't that cute as a button?! Yes it is! I also got my e.l.f. Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara. I actually use both sides to set my brows after I use my Anastasia Brow Wiz.

From Big Lots I picked up 2 fragrances that I thought might be delicate enough for me to try (and if not, they're only $1). I got the Touch Heart (their impression of Coach Love by Coach) and Stunner (their impression of Bombshell by Victoria's Secret). At first sniff Touch Heart might work, Stunner may be a bit much for me.  I'll let you know.

Marshalls gifted me with a Body Shop Vineyard Peach Shower Gel (by gifted I mean I purchased). I've had a raspberry shower gel from them and loved it. This one was $3.99, well worth a trip to my house. I also picked up a Revive Makeup Blending Applicator. I've never used a sponge for my face and I wanted to see if this would do anything magical. I'll report back.


FOOD - It shouldn't surprise you that food is a part of my haul. Big Lots had this Winter Wonderland Gingerbread Man coffee. It was decent. I have to brew it on 6 oz (the smallest size) in order to get decent flavor from it. Either Ross or Marshalls (can't remember) had these two Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Blends for $3.99. I love cooking with oil blends and I don't have this flavor. I figure I'll be able to add this to salad dressings or other raw foods.


HOME "STUFF" - And second to last, is my home haul. I had to pick up some command strips to hang a picture. I saw a cute grocery list and pen set at Marshalls and the Dollar Tree had some Glade solid air fresheners in Pure Vanilla Joy. I don't normally use solid air fresheners but you can't very well light a candle at work and get away with it (well, I can't). I picked up 2 in case I liked it. If I don't, I can always use it outside in the storage closet.



And my favorite buy of them all are my London pajamas! I don't know if I've ever mentioned it but I'm British (in my head). Seriously, I am an Anglophile. I have several items all over my house with Union Jacks, a double decker bus, and several pictures all representing my love of England. Those closest to me know that an authentic piece of Cadbury's chocolate and some ribena (though not at the same time) win me over every time. So, while roaming the aisles of Ross Department Store I came across these pjs, I didn't look at the price, just the size (but was happy that they were only $16.99). And as I write this post, I'm sitting oh so cozy in my freshly laundered, brand new pjs.


What did you pick up this weekend? Was it a deal or a splurge?

No comments:

Post a Comment