Oct 10, 2014

Murad Acne Starter Kit - Day 15


Hey There!

Everyone has a skin problem. Even if your problem is that you are naturally blemish-free, with nary a breakout and glistening skin, then your problem is struggling to keep it that way. If that's not your problem...well, sorry.

My problem is dark spots from random black hairs. Yeah, my mom must have been seeing Sasquatch on the side cause I'll just get a random black hair growing out the side of my face. Gross but that's why I keep several tweezers all over the darn place.

My kiddo's problem is acne. Oh man, her problem is acne. She's a normal teenager with normal acne and I struggle with helping her through it. I don't have acne except for the odd period breakout so I wasn't sure what to do. We've tried drugstore stuff, over-the-counter stuff, medication from the doctor and we're just now finding a combination that appears to be working. It's a struggle y'all!

Late last month I went to Sephora and picked up the Murad Acne Starter Kit ($30). I had heard good things about Murad and decided it had to be worth a try. In the kit you get a Clarifying Cleanser, Acne Clearing Solution, Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 and a tube of Acne Spot Fast Fix .

The box says you may see quick results. Well, we haven't seen that but I have seen small changes that I'm happy with. The Clarifying Cleanser appears to be working very well. It isn't overly drying like some of the cleansers we've tried. It doesn't burn or sting or leave her face red.

I don't know what the Acne Clearing Solution is or isn't doing -- it's just working with the cleanser. I guess these two are a good match for each other. 

The Oil-Control Mattifier does control the shine on the kiddos t-zone. I mean, not all day but for a good chunk of it. I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know if she will have to keep using this after the first 30 days or not.

I can tell you what did not work though. This Murad Spot Treatment.  It's a tiny tube but I was hoping that it was super powerful and would work wonders. It didn't. It lasted for 10 days and then I had to go to the store and get some Walgreens brand spot treatment. Honestly, the store brand seems to work better. But, it's still on trial so I'll keep an eye on it.

If the rest of the kit continues to do the trick, I'll purchase full sizes. If not, well, it's back to the drawing board.


Does anyone else out there have bad acne? What have you been trying that worked? What should we stay away from?

No comments:

Post a Comment