Oct 28, 2014

Making a House a Home - Fall Decor

Table runner and kitchen towels in shades
of orange, brown and yellow.

Hey There!

This weekend I went all crazy lady and pulled out all my orange napkins, my leaf table runner, my multicolored foliage trees, my pumpkin scented candles… you get the point. I went all Seasonal on my house.

Candles, candles and more candles. Pumkin, apple
and kitchen spice scents. My house always smells yummy!

Most people that know me wouldn’t expect me to redecorate the house several times a year but I do. I like the idea of changing up my living space. Three or four times a year I air out my decorations and hang something new on the walls. I keep those Scotch Removable Wall Mounting tabs up all year. I’m hanging garland or pumpkins or something on them most of the time. My sofa and table cloths are neutral colors so I can use seasonal pops of color to make them festive. All it takes is a pillow or two or an inexpensive glass vase in different colors (yellow for summer, orange for fall, blue for winter – to match my Christmas tree and you can throw in a red one for Valentine’s day, green for Easter – you get the picture!). You can also use a seasonal throw on the back of the sofa (Wal-Mart has them for $5.88 most of the time), table cloth change, really anything that changes the color or a room will prepare it for the holiday ahead.
Pumpkins in deep orange and chocolate.
Sparkly ones too!


And stores like Target, Walmart, HomeGoods, Marshalls, T.J. Maxx…you get the picture, make it sooo easy to do this! You can walk in, spend $50 and come out with bags and bags of home décor. I personally catch most of my things at the end of each season and save them for the next yeat. It doesn’t take much, just a bit of planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment