Oct 18, 2014

Korres Magic Light Face Powder Contouring Trio in Mykonos


Hey there!

Let me tell you a little story.

Some of my girls and I took a trip out to my local Nordstrom Rack. I say trip, because it’s not that close to my house. You have to pack a lunch and fill up twice to get there (not really). I’ll let you ladies in on a little secret (and it’s probably not a secret). Do you like Hautelook but hate that it takes FOREVA to get your items? Then go to the nearest Nordstrom Rack! They have many of the things that you see online, in the store! I try to get there once a month to check out the makeup section. It’s like the local T.J. Maxx and Marshalls, but on the day that they get the mid-high end stuff (Lorac, Urban Decay, Stila, etc.).

Anywho, I was scoping out the makeup when I came across a single Korres Magic Light Face Powder Contouring Trio in Mykonos. It wasn’t in a box and it didn’t have a price on it. I opened the compact and it hadn’t been used. I was intrigued and wanted to know more.

I scanned the beauty area and didn’t see another one so I found a sales associate and they called the person working the beauty area. After waiting for 5 minutes, the beauty sales associate (a man with flawless makeup on, looking FIERCE – do you hear me?!) walked back to the beauty area to see if he could find a box or another Korres compact.

I looked at the compact again. I knew of the Korres name but couldn’t put my finger on the price point. I opened the compact again. The colors were really unremarkable. They didn’t look like anything super special. Normally my impatient self would have dropped this like a hot potato and run for the hills but something said, “No. Hold on to this puppy”. So when my new BFF came back and said he’d have to price it at $10, I said ok.

I couldn’t get cell reception in the store so I couldn’t look up the full price. I could only hope that $10 was ok. If it wasn’t, I’d have to drive 30 – 45 minutes out of my way to return it. It was also dipping into my wine budget…did I really want to do that?

Imagine my surprise when I got back to the house and saw that this bad boy is normally $28 on “the HSN”. Imagine my DELIGHT when I finally used it.


I. Love. This. Compact.

OMG! The color is a surprise. When I swept this magical powder across my cheeks, I didn’t expect much. It’s not that deep in the compact – that must mean it’s not that pigmented on brown girls, right? I was soooo wrong. It’s pigmented and perfect for me! The bottom two shades mix into a warm, matte bronzer that is so beautiful and the top shade is the perfect peach for light brown skin. It’s hard to find a good peach for light brown skin. Normally the best you can hope for is light orange. No. This gives a great hue to your skin and gives you a healthy, natural look.


I am so stoked to have found this gift from the makeup gods. And, now I know if I see another Korres product in the T.J. Maxx or Marshalls, I’m going to grab it up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment