May 22, 2014

Brush Up On It!!


I like to tell folks what makeup brushes I'm loving. I'm a bit weird about my brushes so if nothing else you'll find my brush use entertaining. This month's Brush Up On It isn't about makeup brushes at all! I picked up 2 new makeup brush cleaners! I thought I'd chat with you good folks about that this time.

I currently use a mix of brush cleaning techniques. I have used Dawn dish soap mixed with olive oil and I've used Dr. Bronner's Magic Lavender Soap and I also have used my Purity facial cleanser to remove stubborn makeup (foundation & concealer). They work fine but I'm always on the hunt for the holy grail in all as many things that I can. I haven't found what I consider holy grail for brush cleaner so the hunt is on!

So many people have talked about The Masters Artist Soap. I went to 2 different Michaels and 2 different Hobby Lobbys and couldn't find the container that everyone loves so at the last Michaels store, I just picked up the soap. I figure it's probably the same product, right? Right? I dunno. I'll try it and see. I think it's close enough to get a good grasp of the product.

The second product I picked up was the Sephora Brush It Off Cleansing Brush Wipes. I saw a demo on YouTube (yeah, they got me) and I was intrigued. I have to admit that I'm kinda skeptical about this product. I mean it's a wipe and I'm supposed to clean my brushes completely with this. In my head (one of the scariest places to be!) I see it as more of a daily brush cleaner -- you know, freshen up your brush, spot clean it but not a deep down clean. We'll see.

I plan on trying both of these products thoroughly and reporting back my findings. Look at this as part one.


Part two to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment