Mar 17, 2014

Nail Polish Change - CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant in Bombshell & Essie in Fair Game


You like my nail polish wheel? I know, I like it too. I've been meaning to pick up a pack for weeks now because otherwise, there is nail polish that you fine folks will never see.

You will never see my toe nail polish. It's a shame really because I keep my toesies painted and I use bold, bright, sometimes unusual colors on them. But, I just don't want to go flashin' my toes on the world wide web. Crazy, I know but I just feel better doing it this way. Heck, you may not want to see my toes (and then there are the folks that do)! So, I'll just paint my nail polish wheel (1 coat, 2 coats, 3 coats) and let you see the color that way.

I've worn 2 tootsie polishes this past month. Normally, I can get away with 3 full weeks of color before the new nails comes through. But, I've been using pedicure products that remove some of the shine off the polish so I changed them after 2 weeks. I've worn the CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant polish in 330 Bombshell and Essie polish in 1002 Fair Game.



I purchased the Essie polish from an end cap at my local Walgreens and got really excited because it was under $3. Normally Essie polish is $8.50 or more. The color is actually one I'd wear on my finger nails but I had just spent the last 6 weeks testing the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée nail polish so I would have had to either wait till the series was finished (LOL - I have a blog series. How cool?!) or try it on the tootsies. The tootsies won.



Well, it was...fine. Not great, not brilliant, not life changing. It was just a fine pearly gray/blue polish. And in my book, that's good for a $3 nail polish. That's NOT good for a $8.50. The color was pretty. I'll probably find colors that match and use it as an accent color. The formula was fine. It lasted well (but then polish on toes lasts much longer than polish on fingers). I expected a better brush though. It was thin and the top/handle was small. That made it a bit tricky to hold when painting my nails. I'd probably buy an Essie polish again for $3 but not for $8.50 unless it was an amazing color.



The next 2 weeks belonged to CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant polish in 330 Bombshell. Very nice. The color was a pretty, sparkly cranberry color and I'd gladly use it on my fingers except  I found the consistence to be a bit thin. I know that sounds weird but it wasn't a rich polish consistency. It was thin, more along the lines of a cheaper polish. I laugh as I say that because of course it was an end cap purchase and I had a coupon so, I only paid $.88. The brush was normal but the cap was weird. I had to get use to holding a cube in my hand and painting with it. Still, I'd purchase other colors (and have) because the selection is pretty good.


So there you have it -- toe nail polish colors on a nail polish wheel. Exciting stuff.


Just wait till you see what's coming up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment