Feb 9, 2014

Concealer Revealed


I've hit pan on my bareMinerals Correcting Concealer. I've had it for almost a year and I can probably get 6 more months out of it but I thought I'd better start looking around. After all, it took me 3 weeks to decide on this one.

Yes, yes, yes, it took me 3 weeks to pull the trigger and buy my bareMinerals Correcting Concealer. I don't have a lot of spots on my face. I do have side burns though. Kinda. Well, I have several wayward hairs that grow out of the side of my face and the skin around each hair has discolored. It doesn't really bother me but I think when I wear makeup it takes away from the finished look.

A little over a year ago I went into Sephora for my bareMinerals powder foundation and I played in the concealer. I tried 2 or 3 and then walked away. A week later I went back in, played in the concealer and took a sample home. I wore my sample for another week and liked the finished look so I decided to make my purchase.

Now that I've been playing in makeup for another year, I've seen several people talk about their favorite brands so I decided I'm going to look at other brands of concealers. No, I'm not displeased with my bareMinerals but I thought I could possibly be more pleased with another.

So far I've played with a couple that I'm not too wild about and 1 that's a contender. I'll continue to play with the Cover FX Cream Concealer. I've used my little sample for almost 4 weeks and I still have about that much remaining. I nearly balked at the $27 (.33 oz) price tag (even though I paid $20 for .07 oz of the bareMinerals) but then you have to remember that the tiny tube will last you 1 year to 18 months. Once I remembered that, it made it much easier to swallow the pricey tag.

I have my eye on a few brands -- L'Oreal True Match looks good, NYX has one, Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat' and several more. Now, I don't promise to purchase them all (but don't you love the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat' name? I might buy it for the name alone). I do promise to try out several and let you know what I like. I'm going to try all sides of the dollar spectrum.


What do you think I should try? What should I avoid? I'm not sure how long it will take me to make a choice but I'll let you know what I choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment