May 11, 2015

Dupe? - Clinique Pops Lipcolour + Primer in Grape Pop & Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Berry Haute




Hey there!

You may or may not know this but I am all about the dupes. Hon-tee, if I can find something at a better price than full price, I'm loving it. And, if I can find an inexpensive copy cat of a more expensive item, all is right in my world!


Monday I wore one of my favorite parings of the moment, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Berry Haute, topped with NYX Glam Lip Gloss in Velvet Ropes. I always take out the previous days lipstick/gloss duo and exchange it for the current one. I did that Monday and pulled out my new Clinique Pops Lipcolour + Primer in Grape Pop. When I saw it, it made me wonder, are these dupes?

This is my first dupe post so I have taken the examination very seriously. I wanted to verify that you really can buy a $7 lipstick in place of an $18 lipstick. They both feel great on the lips and they both wear well.


There are some differences. While the Revlon is creamier, the Clinique lasts longer. Clinique is the tiniest bit brighter berry while Revlon leans just slightly mauvier.

While researching, I also came across the tidbit that Revlon's Berry Haute is a dupe for MACs Up The Amp. Now, I can't verify this because I don't own Up The Amp (and now I want to) but I have seen several blogs that stand by this claim.

Now, I like them both. I'm glad that I have both. Knowing what I know now, would I rush out and get the Clinique Pops Lipcolour + Primer in Grape Pop? Yeah, I probably would. Now knowing that MACs Up The Amp is comparable to both, will I rush out and get that one?

I probably would if I could. Lucky for me, this is no longer on sale (I checked overstock too). So, I'll have to keep wearing what I have.

And oh yes, I wear both of these babies like they pay me to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment