May 23, 2014

Hand Lotions In My Purse


I keep my titles fancy, don't I?

I always have a hand lotion in my purse. So, it's really no surprise that I have a slew of hand creams, lotions and potions to choose from. Currently, there are only drugstore lotions in my purse. I keep my higher end items on my dresser. 

I like to have refillable containers for the obvious reason. The only drawback is sometimes the residual scent mixes with the new fragrance and it isn't always pretty. That doesn't happen too often though.  

Right now I'm going between 3 selections -- Jergens Original Scent Cherry-Almond Moisturizer, Bath & Body Works Pink Chiffon Nourishing Hand Cream and Suave Skin Solutions Soothing with Cocoa Butter and Shea. I have more, I just have been rotating between these three.

I like Bath and Bodyworks hand and body creams. They are rich and creamy and feel so luxurious. They are wonderful after a bath or shower. They keep you moisturized and smelling great for hours. That being said, they aren't the best for purse lotions. They are too oily to slather on and then do things. You'll have oily papers or an oily desk or keyboard if you do that. I realize B&BW have lotions that I could use instead of hand cream but I find their lotions are too runny. I know, I know. Some people are never satisfied. 

I got my Suave Lotion with Cocoa Butter in one of the sample boxes that I receive every now and then. I can't remember which one (horrible, yes but it was last year! My mind is bad people). I really liked this! It's rich and creamy and absorbs quickly and lasts through a hand wash or two. That shouldn't come as a surprise though. I have mentioned my love for Suave lotions before. While I like this lotion, I'm not a fan of the container because it's not a good refillable one. You can refill it but it's kinda difficult.

And the lotion that is my purse's favorite? Jergens. If I could only pick one lotion and wear that forever, it would be my Jergens. I love the Cherry-Almond scent. And, you cannot replace it with a store brand. I've purchased the CVS brand and the Walgreens brand and they both have a sickeningly sweet scent that isn't the same as the Jergens Cherry-Almond. Jergens has the perfect creaminess and absorbs quickly. It lasts through two vigorous hand washes (yes, I know this for a fact). You don't need a lot to moisturize your hands and the container is perfect for refills.

I'm not picky (LOL - did you roar with laughter too?) but I like what I like in lotions hand creams. I'm ok with experimenting but any hand cream willing to try for the coveted slot in my purse has big shoes to fill! But, I'm open minded.


As long as you are as good as my Jergens.

No comments:

Post a Comment