Oct 8, 2015

Lippe Love (continued...)


Hey there!

I hadn't been pulling out my lip liners that much. I knew that I needed to pull them out and show them some love so I decided to wear the first one that I saw. That was my Make Up Forever Aqua Lip in 2C.

I knew when I purchased this that it was a pink liner. I also knew that it was a bit lighter than I normally wear. I knew that I could mix and match with glosses and lippies to make it work.

It's a pretty color. I have no qualms with it at all. The formula is just ok. It's creamy and glides on. It has good pigmentation and the color goes well with my complexion. It's not super fantastic and it's not the best I've ever had. It really is just ok.



And that's where the problem comes in for me. This is a $19 lip liner. Most of the other lip liners in my collection are $5 and less. They are creamy and glide on and are heavily pigmented. Why on earth would I spend $19 for one when I could spend that for 3 or 4 lippies (5 or 6 if I'm couponing right).



I know that the colors of the liners I have aren't exactly the same as the MAFE liner but they are still good colors. Rimmel (which appears to be my favorite), NYX and Jordana make wonderful liners in wonderful colors.

So, while this "often hauled on the web" liner is nice, I still prefer my others. My fave of the group is my NYX in Nude Pink with my Rimmel in Eastend Snob coming in second.


What liners have you tried and how much are you willing to spend? Do you see a difference in your highend liners and drugstore liners?

No comments:

Post a Comment