Jun 29, 2015

Chlorine and Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme


Hey there!

The weather has been so nice that the kiddo and I have been living in the pool. We've been in the pool, next to the pool, looking at the pool, dreaming of the pool...you get the picture. Since we've been in the chlorinated water so much, I've noticed that my skin isn't 100% happy.

When I step out of the water, the kiddo and I immediately take a bath and get the chlorine off of our skin. Right after hopping out of the tub, we gotta moisturize. I could reach into my bag'o essential oils and pull out some coconut oil or jojoba oil but I have an old standby already prepared. You know what I've begun pulling back out? My Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme.

I normally only pull that out during the winter months but with the chlorinated water on my skin twice a week or so, I need to make sure my body is super moisturized. This stuff does the trick. Normally I can get away with my favorite lotion, Jergens original scent. But this summer, no. I have to give a bit extra.

My original purpose for the Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme was as a face cream for the winter. In the winter I have to boost my face moisture. This stuff, however, was a bit too much for my face. The container says it's for face - body - hands. It wasn't for my face but it is certainly for my body and hands.

The Nivea website says I should partner my Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme with one of the Creme Moisture Moisturizing Body Washes. I actually have a few of those so next time I'll try washing with the Moisturizing Body Wash and then slathering on the Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme. Sometimes working within a brand set helps out.

I've also noticed that quite a few people are talking about body gels for moisturizing. I haven't tried moisturizing gels yet. It just seems so wet. They claim not to leave a greasy residue but I don't know.


For now, I will just stick with my Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme. It has worked well so why change it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment